- Please have your horse prepared so we can get right to work when I arrive.
- Please remove any blankets and/or sheets prior to massage.
- Your horse (body and legs) should be clear of clumps of dirt and manure. Hoofs should be picked clean.
- Depending on the time of year, your choice of fly spray should be available during the session, as it may be needed.
- A person should be available at the end of each massage session to lunge/walk the horse to gradually cool the muscles and prevent post massage stiffness. Please leave instructions with this person on whether your horse should be turned in/out after the session. Depending on the time of year to redress the horse, if blankets, sheets or fly masks are needed.
- Lastly, please plan the day’s agenda so that the horse will not be asked to work after the massage session is complete. Although walking is necessary to cool down the horse after massage, a working session would likely cause stress, fatigue and possible risk of injury to the horse.
NOTE: Please provide 24 hours advance notice if your horse is unable to attend the session. Full charge will be applied if advance notice is not given.